Delusion-Elle

delusional, since 1991 *pew pew*

What the hell happened this year?

This was the most unpredictable NHL post-season that I've ever seen! The LA Kings have been the really interesting story through the playoffs, and for good reason. They knocked out seeds 1, 2, and 3, and now they're moving in for the kill. This is going to be my last prediction post for the 2012 NHL playoffs, so...

Final

Kings vs. Devils (in 5) - The Kings are on fire. Granted, there's a generally accepted fact that the Western Conference is nowhere near as strong as the Eastern one, but the top teams were good, and the Kings beat them. Their goaltending has been consistently amazing throughout these playoffs, and the rest of the team really stepped it up. I admit that the Kings have never been a team that was on my radar for Cup contention, but they got hot at the right time, and I think that they have what it takes to beat the Devils. The Devils have Brodeur, sure, but the team has had some struggles in their previous games in their 2012 Cup run, whereas the Kings handedly defeated their opponents, only losing 2 games in their entire stint. That is pretty fucking spectacular. I'm not emotionally invested in either team, but I'd personally like to see the Kings take this. They haven't won a Cup yet, and I think that it would be great for Darryl Sutter to get a Cup. On the flip side, if New Jersey wins, I wouldn't be too upset as this would likely be the last time for Brodeur to lift the Cup before retiring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join the bitchfest!