Delusion-Elle

delusional, since 1991 *pew pew*

I should just stop making playoff predictions. I realized that I only correctly predicted one of the outcomes from round 2.

However, I do enjoy making predictions because it's fun to laugh at how terrible my logic was and it just highlights that serendipitous aspect of hockey that I love: anything can happen. These playoffs have certainly hearkened to that.

On to my predictions for the four remaining teams...


West

Kings vs. Coyotes (in 5) - Okay. I have to hand it to Quick. He is one helluva goalie. I haven't been giving him, and his entire team really, enough credit in this post-season, but now I am going to. I did not think that the LA Kings were contenders this year, much like any other year. But Darryl Sutter has done some pretty amazing things for this team and I think that they have what it takes to take it all the way to the final. The Coyotes have an amazing goaltender in Mike Smith, but where the Kings have found strength from the rest of their team, the Coyotes have relied on their goalie for much of it. The Kings got hot at the right time, and it seems to me that the Coyotes stand little to no chance against them.

East

Rangers vs. Devils (in 6) - Ignoring Lundqvist's shutout against the Devils last night in game 1 (whoops, Round 3 totally snuck up on me), there is a certain steadiness to the Rangers' game. They aren't an exceptionally exciting team, but neither is New Jersey. However, I think that New York has the edge in this series. The Devils have done well so far, but I think that Brodeur was a big part of that, and when you look at this match-up in terms of the goalies, it's King Henrik vs. Brodeur. As great as Brodeur is and has been, I think that Lundqvist has been better as of late. Brodeur has 10 years on Lundqvist, and he's in the twilight of his career. Purely from physical standpoint, Lundqvist has the upperhand.

But, you know, my predictions haven't been entirely accurate so who knows?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join the bitchfest!