Delusion-Elle

delusional, since 1991 *pew pew*

I'm terrible at making predictions. It's not so much the act of predicting that seems to trump me, but rather my reasoning behind making the picks. I don't listen to my gut instinct, and that's a problem since what semblance of logic I do possess seems to be rather idiotic. Throw in the fact that I'm overly emotional, and you've got a recipe for "horrible prediction making". That all being said, I'd like to predict what I think is going to happen in the sixth instalment in the A Song of Ice and Fire series.

"But why?" you may be asking yourself, "why would you want to predict what's going to happen?" The long answer is that it's been some time since I got caught up in reading that series and I really do enjoy trying to put myself in George R. R. Martin's shoes and guessing what will happen next. I mean, I do that that while I read, anyway, partly because I know that I will be wrong. Being wrong about these sorts of things is strangely satisfying in its own sense. Maybe it's because it shows how awesome the author is at constructing a twisting and turning plot that is not predictable. Maybe it's because I am secretly a masochist who enjoys getting the rug pulled out from under me. Regardless, I love being wrong, although there is some satisfaction from being right, too. Oh, and the short answer is that I happened upon another blog which had predictions for the fifth book in the series. So sue me.

And just to warn you right now, there will be LOADS of spoilers for any and possibly all of the books in the A Song of Ice and Fire series already published here on out. You can't say that I didn't warn you. Also, if you haven't already read any of these books, nothing that I predict is going to make any sense to you.

Predictions for book 6, The Winds of Winter:

  • Jon Snow is still alive, but he gets held captive.
  • Samwell Tarly fails at becoming a maester multiple times, but finally does get his chains. But he never meets up with Jon again.
  • Sansa Stark continues to be her usual "Yes, my lord" self. Which means that shit is going to get so weird with Littlefinger. And I don't want it to, but he is being super creepy to her, and I think that this will only continue until...
  • Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish dies.
  • But only after his plans for killing little Robert Arryn come to fruition.
  • Brienne of Tarth, who apparently found Sansa and we heard was reunited with Jaime, goes to rescue to Sansa. *crosses fingers* She is successful. And Jaime becomes the most honourable Lannister of all!
  • Arya Stark continues with serving the House of Black and White, but she does something that causes them to kick her out permanently. And so she heads back to Westeros.
  • We see Jaqen H'ghar again.
  • Cersei Lannister is killed.
  • Tyrion Lannister becomes one of Dany's dragon riders... eventually.
  • Khal Jhaqo does bad things to Dany.
  • But it's okay because she perseveres. I think that GrrM is secretly rooting for her.
  • Daenerys Targaryen and Mormont are reconciled.
  • Aegon Targaryen's real identity is revealed to the realm, and this re-ignites the war (since it's kind of petered out...)
  • Stannis Baratheon dies.
  • Aegon dies. (I mean, come on, this boy is SO GREEN.)
  • Ramsay Bolton gets his comeuppance. The little shit. I hate him so much. His dad is terrible for having a hand in orchestrating the Red Wedding, but oh, Ramsay is even worse! I think it'd be pretty sick if Arya kills him. Fingers crossed.
  • Bran Stark foresees something that changes the entire GAME OF THRONES and so he realizes that he has to leave his little forest nest. Because he is a Stark! And Starks have honour!
  • Rickon Stark meets up with his mummy, because honestly, his storyline is like... nothing. He is never mentioned. But there is something kind of terrible about him. There's a weird kind of dark side... At least, I *think* there was some sort of terribleness mentioned about him. I dunno, either way, I remember him as being a really bratty kid for some reason.
  • Catelyn Stark-- I mean, Lady Stoneheart continues being some sort of zombie. I'm a little confused as to where anything is going in terms of her storyline, as well. I'd really like to hear more about her time with Brienne post-zombification.
  • Barristan Selmy dies. Which is a shame because I quite like him. But honestly, he's not cut out for this sort of ruling thing.
  • Victarion Greyjoy never finds Dany. Then he dies.
  • Theon Greyjoy continues to be insane.
  • Asha Greyjoy is killed.
  • Ser Davos never completes his quest. (WHICH IS A SHAME BECAUSE I QUITE LIKE HIM.)
  • Lady Melisandre remains creepy. She might have another shadow baby.
  • The Tyrells don't do much of anything, but they continue to gain control over the throne. UNTIL THE TARGARYENS PRESENT THEMSELVES. Ha-ha!
  • And the Martells... hell, I have no idea. They seem really irrelevant right now. Let's just say that they all die.
  • Jon Snow continues to know nothing.

Aaaaaaaaaand that's a wrap! I know that there a few chapters from The Winds of Winter already floating around because they were released via GrrM's website and/or he read them out loud at conventions, but I haven't read these yet. The fact that they've already been released signals to me that they don't tell us much of anything. I really don't know how GrrM plans on ending this series in just two books. With the introduction of the Aegon storyline, it's like a whole new dimension of potential has presented itself. The only thing that's certain is that these final 2 books are going to be one helluva ride.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join the bitchfest!